Probably you already know that you need a car seat before you can take your baby anywhere, first step is taking your baby home, from hospital. But with so many possibilities it’s hard to figure out which car seat you should buy.
First of all, every new car seat must meet government safety regulations, so if you spend less money on a new car seat that doesn’t mean it will be less safe. If you decide to spend more money, your car seat will be bigger, easier to install and probably some additional safety features.
Infant Car Seats
These seats are used from newborn until your baby baby reaches the seat’s max height or weight.
Convertible Car Seats
These seats transform from rear-facing seats to forward-facing seats for older children. Usually it can hold up to 65 pounds.
Booster Car Seats
These seats help the children sit higher up so your car’s regular belt cross the child’s body. Boosters are targeted for kids with at least 40 punds.
What About Buying used car seats?
Used car seats might be damaged and not up to the required standard when it comes to safety. But if you are looking forward to purchase a used car seat, get it from someone you can trust. Also you can take a look at car seat’s expiration date.
Make Sure the car seat fits your car
Some car seats are big and might not fit your car if you are low on space. So when you are thinking about buying one, measure your back seat, or when you buy one ask your close friends what they chose.
Should you buy Convertible or Infant?
Some people think that it’s more efficient to acquire a convertible car seat. But, always your baby will fall asleep in car, so instead of having to unbelt and lift them out of the seat, you can simply lift the infant car seat from its base. If you are going to buy a infant car seat, make sure that your car seat fits the stroller. If you select stroller first, then choose a car seat made my the same brand.
Some infant car seats we recommend you to buy:
Graco SnugRide Click Connect 35 Infant Car Seat, Gotham
The Snugride Click Connect 35 infant car seat is designed to protect babies rear-facing from 4-35 lbs and features a comfortable seat to keep baby safe and cozy. This seat is equipped with Click Connect Technology providing one step secure attachment to all Graco Click Connect strollers, making it easy to create a travel system that best fits your lifestyle. Metal and plastic pars may be cleaned with mild soap and water, buckle may be cleaned with a damp cloth.
About this car seat:
- ultra-lightweight infant car seat, easy to transport from the car to the stroller
- rear-facing newborn car seat help protect infants from 4 – 35 pounds, up to 32”
- Click Connect System provides a one-step secure attachment between the rear facing cat seat to all Graco Click Connect Strollers
- These Graco infant car seats are rigorously crash tested to meet or exceed safety standards.
Graco SnugRide Click Connect 30 infant Car Seat
The Graco SnugRide Click Connect 30 is an ultra lightweight infant car seat which makes it easy to to carry baby from car to stroller and everywhere in between. The seat is designed to protect babies rear-facing from 4-30 lb and features a comfortable seat to keep your little baby safe and cozy.
About this seat:
- Ultra-lightweight infatn car seat for easy carrying
- Rear facing infant, age: up to 2 years old, weight 4-40 lbs, height up to 32”
- Click Connect System provides a one-step secure attachment to all Graco Click Connect Strollers to create a travel system.
- Crash tested to meet safety standards
Graco Snugride35 LX Click Connect Infant Car Seat
Snug Ride Click Connect 35 LX featuring Simply Safe Adjust Harness System is an ultra-lightweight car seat, making it easy to carry your baby from car to stroller. It’s designed to protect babies rear-facing from 4-35 lbs and installation is a breeze with the In Right LATCH System. This car seat is equipped with Click Connect technology providing a secure one-step attachment to all Graco Click Connect Strollers.
- Simply Safe Adjust Harness System is safe and simple with one hand.
- Helps protect rear facing infants from 4-35 lbs up to 32″, making it an excellent first car seat for your baby
- Click Connect system provides a one-step secure attachment to all Graco Click Connect Strollers to create a travel system
- Crash tested to meet or exceed international safety standards.
Britax B Safe 35 Elite Infant Seat
The B-Safe 35 Elite is Britax’s best infant car seat. It has Britax-exclusive SafeCell Impact Protection and an extra layer of side impact protection for the utmost safety. Made in the USA with global components, this car seat also includes an easy-remove cover and quick adjust no-rethread harness and head protection for ultimate convenience and safety when you’re on the road.
About the product
- 2 Layers of Side Impact Protection, with deep foam-lined shell and quick-adjust head protection, absorb energy and shield your child from severe collisions.
- Safe Cell Impact Protection is an integrated system of safety components that work to protect your child beyond federal standards.
- Impact-Absorbing Base Compresses to reduce the rough force of a crash
- Designed, tested, and built in the USA
Chicco Keyfit 30 Magic Infant Car seat
Proper installation is the key to making your baby’s world safer. This is the easiest car seat to install: Simply, accurately, securely, Every time. The KeyFit 30 Magic is dressed in premium, luxorious fabrics and comes with a reversible, suede-or-mesh, infant insert. The large canopy has a zip-out, extendable mesh panel to allow gentle breezes in, and all-weather boots fold open to give parents convenient full access to the harness and baby
About the product:
- 5 point Harness, Adjustable Head Support, canopy, carrying handle and latch
- Minimum weight recommendation 4 pounds, maximum 40 pounds.
- Ergonomically designed carry handle with comfortable grip
- Adjustable, multi-position canopy